RESCOLL Technology Center
RESCOLL is a materials technology center specialized in polymers, composites and surface treatment, as well as adhesion and bonding technologies (RESCOLL is a portmanteau of “Ressources Collages”, which was its core business when founded 20 years ago). RESCOLL is a service company in:
- Industrial research and development of innovative products and processes,
- Analysis and characterization (ISO 17025 and ISO 9000),
- Manufacturing of limited amount of high added value products in regulated markets.
With a team of over 50 doctors, engineers and technicians, RESCOLL has been at the origin of more than 50 patents in the field of polymers, adhesives, surface treatments and composites.
For more than 15 years, RESCOLL has developed medical devices and products including: bone cements (5 patents), dental adhesives and primers (1 patent), skin implants, and skin compatible adhesives. Additionally, RESCOLL is involved in the orthopedic, ophthalmic, and cardiovascular implant sectors, just to name a few. RESCOLL has participated in FP6 projects: NEWBONE (NMP-IP), is coordinating the “HOBBIT” project (national 3M€ grant, 8 partners) in orthopedics, is a partner in the RIBIO project (national 2M€ grant, 6 partners) in the field of dental coatings, and in CHITOART (national 2,6 M€ grant, 6 partners) in the field of cardiovascular implants.
Contributions to the AnastomoSEAL Project
RESCOLL will contribute in the AnastomoSEAL project performing the following tasks:
- to contribute to the development of adhesion properties (tackiness and adhesion)
- to develop possible material reinforcement and optimisation of mechanical resistance of the matrix
- to perform the mechanical characterisation of adhesion over inert and biological substrates, as well as chromatographic, spectrometry and themomechanical analysis
- to develop and validate the sterilisation process(es)
- to study the final product performance under accelerated aging simulating storage conditions
- to evaluate the IPR status of the material developed
RESCOLL Staff Members Involved in AnastomoSEAL
Dr. Dipl. Eng. Marie-Pierre Foulc is head of the R&D business unit managing 20 researchers and mentoring 4 PhD students. Dr. Foulc has more than 10 years experience in polymers and composites and more than 5 year experience in medical devices.
Dr. Dipl. Eng. Isabelle Coco, responsible of the analysis unit of RESCOLL, will support the team on all specific analysis required, in particular thermo-mechanical analysis and mechanical testing. Dr. Coco has more than 15 years experience dealing with high performance polymers, their synthesis, formulation and characterization.
Dipl. Eng. Konstantin Sipos will be responsible for processing aspects of RESCOLL’s contributions. Mr. Sipos is a Chemist Process Engineer and has more than 10 years experience in the field of chemical processes and materials development.
Dr. Laurent Perge is a young R&D engineer working on the project. After a PhD in materials science for pharmaceutical excipients, he integrated the R&D team at RESCOLL in order to work on material characterization, particularly on adhesion on biological substrate & mechanical characterizations, and derivatization of polysaccharides.